Residents of North Manchester have hundreds, if not thousands of reasons why they call North Manchester home. To give you a glimpse of what makes North Manchester so special we’ve tried to capture the top five reasons:
- Community. Young people, families, and elders all call North Manchester home. Numerous churches, civic groups and social clubs allow residents to find a place within the community. Safety and small town charm both contribute to a strong sense of community in North Manchester.
- Education. From pre-K to higher education and beyond, opportunities for education are numerous in North Manchester. US News and World Report ranks Manchester Jr-Sr High School as the 11th best high school in the state of Indiana. North Manchester is home to Manchester University.
- Recreation. Opportunities for recreation abound in North Manchester from an indoor community pool, a golf course, abundant parkland, a community bike trail, ball diamonds, tennis courts, soccer fields, river activities, and much more.
- History. The area that would become North Manchester was originally inhabited by the Miami and later the Potawatomi. First platted as a town in 1837, North Manchester is thriving community proud of its past and actively building its future.
- Location. North Manchester is central located in North Central Indiana and Indiana is the crossroads of America. Columbia City, Fort Wayne, Huntington, Kokomo, Marion, Peru, Wabash and Warsaw are all within a one-hour drive. Indianapolis is within a two-hour drive. Cincinnati, Chicago, Columbus (OH), Detroit, and Toledo are all within a four-hour drive.
Why do you love North Manchester? Let us know.